Twelve Reasons Why Now is a Good Time To Buy In Sarasota
John Schaub, a nationally known real estate expert, investor and nationally-published author, is also a favorite son of Southwest Florida and a friend of Michael Saunders. John was one of the keynote speakers at a company-wide meeting held at Fred’s Restaurant & Ballroom in Lakewood Ranch.
One of the most memorable passages from John’s presentation was the “Twelve Reasons Why Now is a Good Time To Buy In Sarasota.”
Twelve Reasons Why NOW is a Good Time to Buy in Sarasota:
12. Anyone who has to sell will make a buyer a deal today.
11. The fundamentals have not changed. The Boomers will retire, and many will move to warmer climates. There is a 100% chance of snow in Chicago, Cleveland, and Boston this winter.
10. You can still finance a home with a 30 year 6.5 % loan.
9. Lenders will make deals – ask them for discounts.
8. Over-priced sellers are lonely – make them an offer.
7. Good land is becoming scarcer and will get more and more dear.
6. The next land developed will be more expensive. Much of it is already improved.
5. The British are coming! We are getting great press overseas! The combination of a weak dollar and a weak market gives them a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy a bargain.
4. Tax and Insurance rates have peaked and will stabilize and possibly drop.
3. Rents will increase as the supply of existing rentals dwindles and few new units come on line.
2. Speculators are bailing out and will sell at a loss.
1. There are good reasons why Sarasota is expensive:
·It is one of the best places in the world to live if you can afford it and people who can afford it ARE coming.
·It is still inexpensive compared to other areas with similar attributes and unique appeal.
·Great natural beauty.
·Highly talented and educated population.
·Dozens of fabulous restaurants.
·Lots to do: sports, theater, arts, educational opportunities.
·Plus a challenging and invigorating non-profit world which involves tens of thousands in gratifying good works.
·It’s a safe and clean place to live.
·World-class health care.
·Anyone looking for a cheaper place to live has a lot of choices. Anyone looking for a better place to live has few, if any, choices.
·This is the last chance to buy at today’s great prices, before the rest of the world snaps up our bargains.